Saturday, March 28, 2009

No guarantees!

I don't know what it is about our group but we seem to have had our share of death. A very good friend of mine died suddenly on Wednesday night from a brain aneurysm, she was only 48. This was a shock to me and got me thinking of what is really important in my life.
This challenge has been the first thing that I have done for myself in years. I have always put others before me and my needs, and with all my kids out of the house I thought this would be the best time for me to do something I've needed to do for years. Get into better shape and health.
Although I know that what I'm doing is helping me (I couldn't do it alone) I also realize that I need to work on the inner me. There are no guarantees in this life and each new day is a blessing. I'm hoping to use my blessings to be a better person and example to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment