Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's all about the numbers!

I have worked with numbers all my life. Math and accounting were my favorite subjects in school and crunching numbers is very relaxing to me (I love to balance a checkbook, budget, do taxes etc.). And as a number cruncher I have also been tracking my weight for the past four years trying to get to that magical number I thought would be in balance with everything else. In looking over the past few years I've noticed that I have never been able to take off weight in the Spring. Part of that could be poor planning I've decided, you shouldn't have 3/4 of you family born within a six week time frame.
We have seven birthdays between March 22 and May 1, which means seven birthday dinners and cakes with ice cream. And when you throw in Easter, graduations and baby blessing that is a lot of food. Last night as we started the birthday dinners (my husband wanted Volcanoes and a Oreo ice cream cake) I found myself going over my calories for the day.
My goal is to lose weight this Spring and get to that magical number to feel balance in my life. I'm hoping that all of the information on nutrition is going to help keep me in balance. I'll keep you posted as every week there is going to be a new challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment