Thursday, March 19, 2009

Like a sponge.

I feel like a sponge trying to soak up a reservoir of information, and not being able to keep it all in. I love learning new ways to use my muscles (which I sometimes feel are playing hide and seek as I call "come out, come out, wherever you are.") and make better food choices.
I found it interesting in our nutrition class that we all could cite examples of people we knew with the different eating characteristics, but I didn't hear very many of us saying that this is me and this is what I do. It seems that with me it is easier to see in others what I don't want to see in myself. It's easier to give the compliments than receive them.
As the sponge who has been soaking up information for many years (some good some not so good) I need to give it a squeeze and let the not so good stuff go, especially the things that aren't revalent any more as to my body image.
I've noticed more self confidence showing in all of us, as we all find our better and happier self.

1 comment:

  1. Soak it up Joanne! There is alot to learn about our bodies. I am amazed sometimes at how little people seem to know. There is always more to learn and it is all so facinating. Keep up the good work, you are doing a great job. And remember its all for you.

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete