Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Introduction

After reading the other blogs I decided I should introduce myself to everyone. I am 56 and the mother of 4 (2 girls and 2 boys) and the grandma or gma to 7 beautiful grandchildren ages 13 to 1 month. I am a stay at home grandma who is always on call. I also sew for one of my daughters company. I grew up in Salt Lake and never had a weight issue until after having children. I now have what I call the jowls of life that I am hoping to get rid of. I started changing my eating a year ago as an empty nester and found cooking for two was easier and fun. I have been walking for years with a group of ladies but never was able to take off any weight (I'm 50 pounds heavier than when I was 30 years old). So I started adding a little jog to the walk, I am now called the walking Nazi by my group. I love the energy I get from exercising, but because some of my joint are going bone on bone I find I can't do everything I want to do. The things I've learned so far have been so helpful and I find I want to learn more. I have talked the talk of eating right and exercising for years, I want to be able to walk the walk too.
My neighbor did the program last year with amazing results. I wanted to do this challenge because like most of the participants I have high cholesterol (the only one in my family) and a family history of diabetes and heart diseased. My father had a heart attack and stroke at 58 and died of cancer at 64. My oldest brother was diagnosed with diabetes last year at the age of 59. I really want to be around to enjoy my children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment