Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ways to tell your on the Heart Challenge

As I try to internalize all the information about nutrition and exercise in my little brain, I've come up with some ways I'm noticing that I am making progress and thought I'd share them.
1. I put multigrain cheerios in my Easter candy dish instead of jelly beans.
2. I go to bed at 8 p.m. too sore and tired to move knowing that I will wake up at 4:30 a.m. and be at the gym bye 5 a.m. (My husband calls this turning into a pumpkin, I wonder if Jalaine will count that as a vegetable.)
3. I am no longer the fun grandma with cookies and candy as they have been replaced with fruits and vegetables. (Grandkids do not want fruits and vegetables.)
4. I go out wearing sweats or workout clothes and no make-up hoping that Stacy and Clinton are not filming secret footage of me for "What not to Wear."
5. Friends and family are starting to bring over cookies and treats as they are sure I am starving because my clothes are fitting better.
6. I have a smile on my face because I was one of the lucky 15 to be chosen for this challenge.

2 comments:

  1. "I put multigrain cheerios in my Easter candy dish instead of jelly beans."

    "I have a smile on my face "

    These are my two favorite.

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7. People look at you funny because you take notes on everything you eat.
    8. Fattening and sugary treats don't really tempt you any more.
    9. You realize you're going to have to buy new pants because the ones that used to fit so snugly are now too loose and starting to fall down.
    10. You start noticing that everyone around you seems to be eating more than one serving of things.

    ReplyDelete