Friday, March 6, 2009

I finished reading the "Intuitive Eating" book and hadn't realized how many dieting personalities I've had over the years. That may be why I was eating more than needed--I was feeding at least 3 personalities at any give time. Hopefully at the end of this challenge I will only have one--the intuitive eater. In the nutrition class this week we talked about altering recipes. I have found that I can double a cookie recipe but only put in half the fat without changing the way the cookies come out. I am now experimenting with decreasing the sugars by 1/4 and seeing what that does. Cake mixes also only need 1 TBLS. of oil instead of 1/3 cup. I love to bake but can't add applesauce to baked goods because my husband is allergic to apples. I also like tracking my calories on mypyramid.gov. I know it's not 100% accurate but it gives me a ball park figure to aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment