Saturday, May 9, 2009

Looking at things differently

Today I was able to run the 5K "Race for the Cure" with Cressent. What a wonderful experience! There were so many people there and such a feeling of love and support. My husband also ran the race and since he had his knee scoped in March I could beat him. On the way home from the race I knew this was something we could do together, with me pushing him now and when he recovers I know he will be pushing me to do better (we were both just hoping to finish).
There is so much to be grateful for and being in this challenge is right up there on my list. I have learned more and done more than I ever thought that I could. I am taking each day and enjoying the journey that it brings and if I can help anyone else along the way so much the better. There have been so many good examples in this group of women (as well as trainers and Traci), we are not just enduring to the end of this challenge because this is not the end of the journey.
I am no longer called the "Walking Nazi" by my walking group, I am now the "Running Nazi" (I think they like it when I am not there so they can just walk). I still do the walk/run but the running is improving and I was able to run most of the 5K and still breath.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on running the 5k! I'm sure beating Mike was the icing on your "endorphin" cake :)
    - Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome to run with you. You were AWESOME! I am grateful I to have you as one of my friends and am grateful for your love and support! You look AMAZING as well! Keep up the hard work! Cressent

    ReplyDelete