Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Final chapter

I thought it would be fun to write the final chapter to this 100 day challenge and give a recap of what this challenge has meant to me.
I feel like a different person, one who is stronger and happier. It really isn't all about the numbers--I am still the tortoise in the race, but my race isn't over yet. I am really happy that I have lost 10 pounds and can wear a size 8-10. It has been fun to see reaction of others--many think I weigh alot less than I do (muscle weighs more than fat). I still have my "jowls of life" and Relief Society arms but they are getting firmer. After all my fat still has some of their squatters rights but they are being rezoned.
I still have multiple personalities and OCD but they all know what a good portion size is now.
I am still taking baby steps and hitting speed bumps but balance and endurance have increased to handle the little set backs.
Because I am Swiss I have always said that I have cheese and chocolate running through my veins (that may be the cause of my high cholesterol). But both cheese and chocolate can be shaped and molded and this challenge has helped me do just that, my body is not the same as it was when I started.
I am now the sponge who is leaking information to others as they ask what I have been doing. Hopefully I can encourage others to do their own 100 day challenge. I know I am looking forward to the sequel----the next 100 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment